Wanted: Higher Education Outreach Intern
Are you interested in assisting higher education outreach while getting professional experience? We're accepting applications for a higher education outreach intern starting in the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
CCE/CCL's mission is to create the political will for climate solutions and to empower individuals to have breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power. CCL is a national non-partisan non-profit with educational programs and lobbying activities (designations of 501 (c-3) for CCE and 501 (c-4) for CCL). The purpose of this position is to assist with higher education outreach and increase the participation of young people in CCL.
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Clara Fang, Higher Education Outreach Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 hours a week for 15 weeks starting August 27, 2018.
- Free registration to CCL’s conferences in Washington DC, academic credit possible. A stipend is possible for students who would not be able to do the internship without payment.
- Increase the participation of young people in CCL.
- Increase support for carbon pricing from higher education.
- Conduct outreach to higher education on carbon pricing and CCL’s events and opportunities.
- Help recruit students to the Campus Leaders Program.
- Assist CCL higher ed allies and volunteers with higher ed outreach.
- Assist with and attend Campus Leader and Higher Ed Ally monthly calls.
- Assist with advocacy such as the Higher Education Carbon Pricing Endorsement Initiative.
- Edit and improve existing training and outreach materials.
- Help with website, newsletter, and social media outreach.
- Web research and data entry.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google apps, social media.
- Passion for environmental advocacy and social change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with attention to details and timeliness.
- Problem solving and working independently.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to Clara Fang at email@example.com.